How we process personal data
We process personal data in the course of our translation business. Therefore, we would like to inform you that:
- Your personal data are processed according to the General Data Protection Regulation (“Regulation”). The document is available at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2016.119.01.0001.01.ENG.
- The data controller is Translators.net.pl Magdalena Duda-Klimaszewska, Sławomir Duda-Klimaszewski Spółka cywilna seated in Wrocław, ul. Śliczna 18/18, Poland, and our data representative is Sławomir Duda-Klimaszewski.
- The personal data are processed for the purpose of conducting correspondence with you and providing services.
- We only process personal data necessary for the fulfilment of specific purposes.
- We store data only for the period necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. The table below specifies the purposes for which the data are processed, and data storage periods:
|Purpose of the processing||Legal basis||Processing period|
|Handling of enquiries and orders||translation agreement or translation order||until the end of collaboration (max. 10 years)|
|Maintenance of accounting records (the provision of the ordering party’s relevant data for the purpose of issuing an invoice is mandatory; it is not possible to issue an invoice without the data)||legal duty arising from the Accounting Act||5 years after the end of the calendar year in which income tax for a particular order was settled (e.g. the processing period for an order of 2011 ends on 31 Dec 2017)|
|Storage of correspondence and records (to handle potential complaints and claims, and to maintain consistency between projects provided to the same customer)||legitimate interest of the translator||until the end of collaboration or until the end of the limitation period for claims (max. 15 years)|
|Marketing and advertising (only relates to references that you have given us, and situations when you give us consent to provide your data for the purpose of references verification in the course of our marketing activities)||explicit consent||until the end of marketing activities (max. 15 years)|
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing, or to object to processing, as well as the right to data portability. Some data cannot be erased immediately, e.g. we are obliged to store data contained in financial records for the period specified in applicable fiscal regulations (as indicated in the table above).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority.
- For the purpose of correspondence, your personal data can be stored on an e-mail server maintained by a third party.
- We can transfer your personal data to a third country or an international organization, e.g. to make a backup on a remote server. In such situations, we will ensure that the data is properly encrypted and the backup provider acts according to the above-mentioned Regulation.
- We do not use the obtained personal data for automated decision-making, including profiling.
- We do not intend to process personal data for purposes other than those for which the personal data were collected.
Please contact us if you have any questions about protection of your personal data. You can find our contact details on the left.